Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rooshad & Jwalant put to a 72hr test

WOODEN CANOPY at CEPT,  AHD, INDIA


Its well past my bedtime (2:30 am) and I have been chugging at getting this blog going...
I just had to do it before I call it a day...and all because of a mail I recieved from a young architect designer in Mumbai, Rooshad Shroff. He mailed me images of this unbelievable canopy made with a 100 2' members, all within 72 hours along with designer Jwalant Mahadevwala at a workshop held at CEPT, Ahmedabad. Check it out. Rooshad has had the opportunity to work at Zaha Hadid's office, and that is quite something......www.rooshadshroff.com.
I just got to know that Jwalant also worked at Zaha Hadid's London office, http://andblackstudio.com/.
amazing fluidity created with wood
looks like an opened-out bee hive
simple but accurate

floating overhead
the tree branches create a perfect context 
as sinuous as a skin
myriad effects with varying light

No comments:

Post a Comment